Thursday, May 1, 2008

So I married an ax murderer

OMG - this movie is awesome. And it's not just because my dad's Scottish. Although it does prove my point that Scottish dad's are asses. Or arses. Or whatever.

Watching it this evening really made me nostalgic for the '90s. I think it would have been really fun. You know, like if I had been a bit older. Yeah, I had the bright red, henna-ed, My So Called Life hair, and wore the baby-doll dresses with chunky shoes and actually pretended that thermal waffle knits were appropriate outer wear. But still, I didn't get a chance to partake of the youth culture of an era when screwball cultural references were hip and funny, not declasse office banter. And before everyone was so incredibly plastic-surgerized and teeth whitened that they all look like Barbies. I could do well in a society where even the moderately ugly and/or chunky and still get laid on a regular basis. Plus, the great thing about the nineties, is that all of that music that we now recognize as awesome, would just be coming out. So, like, you could be that asshole on the cutting edge, who like "discovered" the Magnetic Fields and such. Oh, and of course, if it was still the '90s, at least the good part, we would have economic expansion, a reasonable hope of conflict resolution in the Middle East, and a President who could pronounce the word 'nuclear' correctly.

Yeah, living in the '90s would be great.

No comments: